British toolmakers you can trust working in our own tool room
The tooling stage of the plastic injection moulding process is one of our key areas of expertise.
This area of our business is hugely beneficial to our clients, simply because the design of the injection mould tool is essential to the success of the overall plastic moulding product.
With over ninety years combined plastic injection mould tooling experience, we are able to offer the very best advice on the most suitable tooling configuration.
To provide an initial quotation we ideally require the following information:
- Component drawing, sketch or prototype
- Product specification, namely its application and operating environment
- Product base material (if stated)
- Annual volume requirement / potential batch quantities
In order to complete the initial review stages, we will work closely with you to evaluate the design of the product. In doing so we will consider all the key features of your component to determine a mould tooling configuration that will meet your production demands and result in you having the required product created to a high standard by our experienced team of plastic injection moulders.
With the initial plastic part and tool configuration we also consider ease of manufacture and will endeavour to determine potential cost savings.
At the initial tool configuration review we assess the following areas:
- Product features
- Moulding material
- Parting line of the mould tool
- Extraction from the tool
- Type of mould tool
- Tool material
- Number of cavities to meet production demand and the required price point
Should you wish to proceed with our quotation, we would require the following information to complete the full design process:
- 2D Drawings (preferably DXF or DWG Format)
- 3D Cad Data (preferably SolidWorks native format, Step or IGES)
- Confirmation of base Raw Material & Colour
- Key Dimensions for Inspection
- Contact details for enquiries and updates
We are happy to discuss any requirements that you may have, call us now on 01453 833388 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org