Overview of Design Process
Stage One: Initial Consultation
• Meet for an initial consultation free of charge to discuss your project
• Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement if required
• We will provide a full quotation and time line
Stage Two: Drawings
• Ideally we need a 3D CAD model or a 2D drawing including dimensions. If you are unable to provide us with this information, we can work with you to produce this requirement.
• Our standard cost for this service is £50.00 per hour.
Stage Three: Material Selection
• We can mould a variety of engineering polymers from polypropylene through to engineering grades such as glass filled nylons and beyond.
Stage Four: Tooling Cost
• A simple tool can start from as little as £3,000 - £4,000.
Stage Five: Prototype
• We offer prototyping from 3D models.
• A basic set can cost from as little as £150 dependent on the size of the component.
Stage Six: Average Lead Time
• On receipt of signed off drawings and settlement of 50% deposit, first off samples can be available within 8-10 weeks.
Call us now to speak with one of our plastic injection moulding engineers on 01453 833388.